I know… you are sick and tired of Tebow. Yet, over 2 weeks after his last game of the year in which his team was never in the game, Tim Tebow is still one of the top trending searches on Google.
There are several things we can learn about marketing our brand and message from watching Tebow and the way he presents himself.
- Tim Tebow is real. He is an open book, sometimes too open. But the fact that we know exactly where he is coming from and we can compare that to his actions, force us to pay attention. It is that “reality tv drama” effect that is so captivating.
- Tim Tebow is sincere. His walk backs up his talk. Whether we agree or disagree with him, there is no doubting his sincerity in his words and actions.
- Tim Tebow is passionate. He is driven and focused with incredible discipline. He rarely appears off message and never sends out a conflicting image or message.
- Tim Tebow is demonstrative. He has cemented images in our mind that embrace his message. His faith is his foundation and the platform from which he does everything. Say Tebow and you immediately think of “Tebowing” – the pose – which encapsulates his message.
- Tim Tebow is continuously telling his story. From “Tebowing” to the black eye paint with Bible verses, he is always on message and repeating his story. Football is a tool for him. There is a bigger agenda and goal and he uses everything at his disposal to tell his story. Repeatedly.
So how do your marketing programs stack up?
Are they real and sincere? Can people feel the passion from your representatives throughout the organization? How do you demonstrate your message? What images pop into your client’s mind when thinking of your company? How consistent is the look & feel of your image? And how does your look and feel tie to the messages you are sending out in your marketing and your trade show displays?
Tim Tebow is a model of consistency, determination, and focus on the image and message with an genuine understanding of the total picture. How would our results be impacted if we implemented our programs with the same drive and focus?
Photo credit to http://www.flickr.com/photos/denverjeffrey/5040576290/
To integrate Tebow’s branding style with your trade show exhibiting plan, read the What’s Working In Exhibiting white paper. This report tells you the most effective strategies and tactics exhibitors are using today in their trade show marketing efforts. Click here to request your free copy.